Four Courts Hotel , Inns Quay

Patrick Holahan claims that he was the Officer in Charge of this planned attack and that he called it off the night before at 11.45pm as the unnamed intended target was not at the Four Courts Hotel.

The Four Courts Hotel opened in 1843 as Samuel Steel’s Commercial and Family Hotel. Destroyed by fire in 1864, it was rebuilt by architect E.H. Carson, with later work by Timothy Hevey in 1869. Closed in the 1970s, it was demolished in the early 1980s to make way for an office building, Áras Uí Dhálaigh.

 

 

Addresses raided by the IRA